The Westwood Dress Code encourages a standard of dress that reflects a commitment to self-respect,
pride in our school, and educational excellence. Dress should be clean, neat, appropriate, and have a
positive effect on the learning Administration reserves the right to make judgment calls when
it is in the best interest of the learning community.
- Shorts, skirts, skorts, and dresses are acceptable as long as they are no higher than 3 inches above the knee.
- If a skirt is worn that has a slit, the slit must rise no higher than 3 inches above the knee.
- No spandex shorts may be worn.
- Leggings and jeggings may be worn with shirts which cover the entire back side and at least as long in the front and sides as the length required in the back.
- Tights must be worn under jeans which have holes.
- Straps on all shirts must be at least 2” wide and no spaghetti straps will be allowed.
- Shirts with large armholes may not be worn.
- No exposed midriffs or low cut shirts.
- No detrimental slogans on T-shirts (advertisements for liquor, beer, cigarettes, Playboy bunnies, etc.)
- No clothing representing a group or neighborhood may be worn.
- No heavy chains or necklaces.
- No head wear (unless of religious nature).
- Shirt or dress shoulder straps must be at least two inches wide.
- Pants must be correct size and must be worn in the correct manner. No sagging.
- Overalls must be strapped.
- No pajamas and no house slippers.
- No blankets will be allowed.