Three Students Advancing...
Westwood Junior High is pleased to announce that we have 3 students advancing to the District level of the 2016 Reflections Program. They are:
- Meredith Smith – Photography Category
- Riza Waqar – Visual Arts Category
- Ben DiGennaro – Music Composition Category
The WWJH PTA congratulates these students and wishes them lots of good luck in the Richardson District Competition in December!!
Create an Original Work…..
Only new and original works inspired by the theme: What is Your Story? will be accepted. Enter in one of the following arts categories:
- Dance Choreography – click here for specific guidelines
- Film Production – click here for specific guidelines
- Literature – click here for specific guidelines
- Music Composition – click here for specific guidelines
- Photography – click here for specific guidelines
- Visual arts – click here for specific guidelines
UPDATE! Submit your Entry…..October 13, 2016 3:30 pm to your teacher
Complete the Student Entry Form – you must include a completed and signed Student Entry Form. In your Artist Statement, tell us about your work and what it means to you:
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (ie, supplies)
- What/Who was your inspiration?
Volunteer arts and education experts will review your entry. Judges look for personal interpretations on the program theme that best exemplify creativity and technical skill:
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.